Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sonny's BBQ: 5/2/13

Hello blogging world,

For my next visit (once again I am late on this post) my mom, brother, and I went to Sonny's after our workout. Sonny's is known for its BBQ, but I am not a big BBQ fan and I used to always get chicken tenders at Sonny's. When we got there none of us saw the chicken tender plate on the menu, but apparently Sonny still serves chicken tenders, you just have to ask for them...there is a note about that on the menu. Now, on to the review.

Here's the sign for Sonny's...it's one of my favorite restaurant signs.

Batter and crispiness: C+
-The batter of these chicken tenders was very tasty. The batter was light, flavorful and had lots of pepper. Also, the tenders were just crispy enough and I really enjoyed them.

Tenderness/juiciness of chicken: B+
-The chicken in the tenders was quite juicy, but some parts were tough and I had to discard some chunks. Overall though I think the juiciness outweighed the toughness of some of the chicken.

Portion size/presentation: A+
-I thought the portion size was fantastic for the price! With the dinner plate I got six big chicken tenders, a lot of fries, 2 pieces of garlic bread, and macaroni and cheese. I do not think I could ever eat all of this food in one sitting.

Sides: A-
-When it came to the sides I was very impressed with them. The positives were the garlic bread was fantastic and the macaroni and cheese was the best I have had in a restaurant in a long time. The negative about the sides were the fries. They just lacked seasoning, but on the plus side they were crispy. 

Reheating: C
-I had leftovers for lunch at work and I was a little disappointed in them. First off, the fries were soggy and bland. Secondly, the meat in the chicken tenders tough and I actually had to throw away one of the tenders because it was impossible to eat through. In case you were wondering, I ate all of the garlic bread and macaroni and cheese at Sonny's.

Description:
-This item actually was not on the menu and the only way I was able to get it was by asking the waiter. Regardless, the price was $10.95

 My very filling dinner at Sonny's.

Overall I would give the chicken tender plate at Sonny's BBQ a B. The meal was very filling and tasty and I enjoyed the tenders for dinner. However, I did not like the meal as much when I reheated it because the tenders did not do well in the microwave (I think I also missed the garlic bread and macaroni and cheese). With that said, I would get the chicken tender plate at Sonny's again.

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment