Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fox and Hound: 4/17/13

Ok, this post is so late and I really have no excuse for it…I’ll have to do better.

Anyways, for my next post I went to Fox and Hound with some of my coworkers during our lunch hour. Two of my coworkers said the chicken tenders here were “the best,” so of course I had to check them out.

The outside of the menu for Fox and Hound.

Batter and crispiness: A+
-These chicken tenders were very crispy and flavorful. The batter was on the light side, but it combined with the actual meat perfectly and did not overpower it. The seasonings used in the batter (and it tasted like the chefs season the chicken as well) was fantastic as well.

Tenderness/juiciness of chicken: A+
-The meat of this chicken was fantastic! You can tell that they use great cuts of meat because there was not a chewy bite in any of my chicken tenders. While the chicken was not as juicy as other places (I don’t think anyone will top the juiciness of Flip’n Chicken), it was very juicy and very tender. The combination of these characteristics is what gave this category an A+.

Portion size/presentation: B+/A-
-Considering that this was a lunch portion, I thought the amount of food I got was reasonable. In the meal they give you between 3 and 4 handfuls of French fries and then 4 good sized chicken tenders. Not bad for $7.99, but I hope the dinner portion has at least 1 or 2 more tenders.

Side: A
-The french fries were very crispy, cut nice and big (just how I like them) and you could tell they use actual potatoes for them. Overall, they were very tasty. Also as a note, the ranch was excellent!

Reheating: A-
-The fries were soggy, but they still tasted good (not surprisingly). However, the surprise can with the tenders. While they were no longer crispy (again, not surprisingly) the flavor was slightly different than it was originally and I had to give it to Fox and Hound for that. Also, the chicken meat was very tender, which I am always pleasantly surprised about when it happens.

Description:
-Beer-battered chicken tenders – Hand-battered chicken tenders covered in a delicious Newcastle Brown Ale beer batter then perfectly cooked. Served with fries and your choice of honey mustard or BBQ sauce (as always, I got ranch instead). $7.99


My wonderful lunch, I enjoyed the "newspaper" used for plating. Don't worry, it like wax coated newspaper.

Overall I think Fox and Hound had the best chicken tenders I’ve tried since I started this blog and I would give the chicken tenders an A/A+. The breading was excellent, the meat was tender, the portion size was great for the price, I loved the fries, and I got the bonus of having a different flavor when I reheated! I can’t think of anything negative about this meal and I will definitely go back to Fox and Hound for their chicken tenders.

Until next time!

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment