Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lucky Lou's: 4/13/13

Hello again,

For this week's chicken tender blog entry I decided to try a local bar that I have never been to called Lucky Lou's on Park Road. Madison and I went there around 3:30 for a late lunch/early dinner after I went to Lem's Cardio Jam class. We chose this place because neither of us had been there before and I had a coupon in this book I got for Christmas! However, the coupon was a buy one entree, get one free deal and the chicken tenders were listed as an appetizer, so we decided to each get an entree and then get the tenders to go but try one and some french fries before we left (the waitress said the tenders would count as an entree, but we thought we might as well try some entrees since neither of us had been to Lucky Lou's). 

Batter and crispiness: A
-The chicken tenders were very crispy and the batter was excellent. It was lightly breaded and a crisp golden brown. While I enjoyed the taste of the batter (the pepper seasoning was fantastic), I felt like it could have used a little more salt. Overall though, the batter and crispiness was some of the best I have had.

Tenderness/juiciness of the chicken: C+
-This was a hard category to complete because the chicken in the tenders was very juicy, but it was also very tough. If I were solely scoring this section based on tenderness I would have given it an A, but then again, if I were solely scoring this section on the juiciness of the chicken, I would have given it a D. That is how I ended up with a score of a C+ because it seemed fair when taking both aspects into account.

Portion size/presentation: A-
-The portion size of this meal was pretty good, especially for the price. With the order you get 4 tenders and enough fries for about 3 individual meals. I was very satisfied with the amount of food for the price.

Reheating: D-
-I should not have saved this meal to reheat because it was not a pleasant lunch. First off, the french fries were soggy and did not have the same appeal as they did upon first taste. Secondly, the meat in the tenders was even tougher than it was originally and it was not crispy at all. The only saving grace of that the fries still had some of the original flavor to them, so the actual taste of the fries was still good...just not the consistency of them.

Side item: A+
-The french fries were fantastic! They were the perfect amount of seasoning and were very crispy and fresh. I have no critiques on this aspect of the meal.

Description on menu:
-Chicken Tenders - Four breaded tenders served with your choice of dipping sauce. Side of Fries of Homemade Chips. $8


My chicken tenders and fries to go. You can only see 3, but there are 4 tenders.

Overall I was pleased with my meal at Lucky Lou's, I would give the experience a B-, and I would definitely go back...just probably not for the chicken tenders. The actual meal that I had there (fish and chips) was excellent, and Madison enjoyed his pizza. But referencing the chicken tenders I would have to give them a B- because the meat in the tenders was very juicy, but  tough and the portion size was adequate for the price.

That's all for me!

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment