Saturday, April 6, 2013

Burger King: 3/31/13

Hello fellow bloggers!

Sorry for the long time between posts again, but work has been really busy. Anyways, here's the post!

For this week's post Madison and I went to Burger King for my chicken tender blog. The reasoning behind this decision was it was close to my apartment and it continued with the fast food chicken tender them of the previous post.

My chicken tender meal from Burger King.

Batter and crispiness: A
-I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the batter and crispiness of Burger King's chicken tenders. The batter was light, but substantial enough to taste and the seasoning was very flavorful. Also, the tenders were quite crispy, especially for fast food chicken tenders.

Tenderness/juiciness of the chicken: B
-The meat in the tenders was surprisingly tender and I liked how Burger King uses decent cuts of chicken for their tenders. The reason this section received a B was because the chicken was of average juiciness.

Portion size/presentation: C
-While I did not pay a lot for this meal, I was disappointed in the price. As you can tell from the picture above, the portion size was rather small (especially considering I ordered a medium fry with my chicken tender combo). When I measured out my "medium" fry, I realized that I only had received about 2 handfuls of fries to accompany my 5 small chicken tenders.

Reheating: D
-Nothing about this meal reheated well. The meat of the tenders was hard and the actual tenders were tasteless while the fries were soggy. The only positive was that the tenders did manage to maintain some crispiness.

Side item: B
-The french fries were seasoned well with just salt (and not too much I might add) and they were very crunchy, which is always a plus for my french fries.

Description on menu:
-Made with premium white meat chicken, our three-piece and five-piece Chicken Strips are marinated and generously battered in seasoned home-style breading. $5.99 for 5 piece meal
 
Overall I give the chicken tenders at Burger King a C+. I really enjoyed the batter, but the tenders reheated poorly and the portion size did not match the price point. However, I was satisfied after my original dinner of the tenders, so I feel as though a C+ is an adequate grade.

Until next time!

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment