Friday, March 22, 2013

Bojangles: 3/15/13

Hello fellow bloggers,

First, let me apologize for taking so long to bring you this post. There has been a lot going on at work this week since we are coming to the end of the broadcast quarter and I have been spending my free time putting together my NCAA tournament bracket. But at long last, here it is.

For this post I decided that it was time to rate the chicken tenders at a fast food restaurant. When thinking of where to go I wanted to go somewhere near my apartment because Madison and I were meeting some of our friends to hang out that night. His first recommendation was Bojangles because they have new "Homestyle Chicken Tenders," which are a mild version of their signature "Chicken Supremes".

 
It's time to review the world famous Bojangles!

Batter and crispiness: A+
-I quite enjoyed the batter of these chicken tenders. It was very flavorful and different from the Chicken Supremes. Also, the batter was very crispy.

Tenderness/juiciness of chicken: B-
-This is definitely an area I feel needs to be improved upon. While the chicken in the tenders was clearly good cuts of meat (not tough at all), the chicken was dry and kind of tough to eat...definitely need some sort of beverage while consuming these tenders. So while the tenders was good, I gave this category a B- since the chicken was not juicy.

Portion size/presentation: C
-I felt as though the portion size was on the small side. You got 4 tenders, a small fry, and a biscuit but I felt like I was cheated out of some of my meal. While 2 of my tenders were good sized tenders, the other 2 were rather small (about half the size of a "regular" chicken tender). Also, I felt like they could have given me more french fries to go along with the meal.

Reheating: B
-Surprisingly, this meal reheated better than I expected. The tenders were still very flavorful and crispy, but the fries turned soggy and seemed to have lost their flavor in the reheating process somehow. Overall I was pleased with this aspect of the meal.

Side item: B
-When it came to the side items I liked having 2 sides (the biscuit and the fries) and while I thoroughly enjoyed the biscuit, I had mixed feelings about the fries. A positive about the fries is that they are handcut, so you know they are real potatoes, but a negative was that the seasoning was only on some of the fries. Therefore, some of my fries (about 1/4 of them) were quite tasty, but the other 3/4s were unseasoned and just lacking.

Description on menu: 
-Four pieces of our mild, juicy, boneless, whole-breast select tenderloin filets, served up hot and fresh with hand-cut fries and a made-from-scratch buttermilk biscuit.

My chicken tender dinner for the night.

Overall I would give the "Homestyle Chicken Tenders" from Bojangles a B. They were very flavorful, but the portion size was very small for the price (especially since some of the chicken tenders were kinda small). However, I really liked the variety of the meal and the crispiness of the tenders. If I were going to improve on this meal I would have gotten an extra order of fries and probably just ketchup because the ranch was just plain bad. But for fast food chicken tenders, these were pretty tasty.

Now, onto the next place! And I promise I will do better with the timing of these posts.

LB

1 comment:

  1. the Bojangles' Guest Satisfaction Survey. We value your candid feedback and appreciate you taking the time to complete our survey.

    Bojangles Survey

    ReplyDelete