Sunday, March 3, 2013

Taco Mac: 3/2/13

Hello fellow bloggers!

For this week's post I went with Katie to Taco Mac near Southpark Mall. We were kind of in a time crunch because Katie had a wedding shower to go to after lunch, so we picked Taco Mac because I had been there once before, the restaurant had chicken tenders, and it was close by so we thought we could get there and back within the hour like we needed to so she could make the party. Now I was not expecting much from Taco Mac because I consider it a typical sports bar (it has TVs EVERYWHERE and is known for having an exorbitant amount of beers...at least in my opinion) and I was pleasantly surprised by the fantastic chicken tender meal I had. 

The outside of Taco Mac located in Piedmont Row near Southpark Mall.

Batter and crispiness: A
-The combination of the batter and crispiness of the chicken tenders at Taco Mac was probably the best I have had in a very long time. The batter had the perfect amount of seasonings so it was very flavorful, a little spicy, and complemented the chicken very well. Also, the crispiness of the tenders was perfect and did not overpower the actual chicken.

Tenderness/juiciness of chicken: A
-This category got an A because the chicken in the tenders was very tender and juicy. Also, the chicken was of very good quality, which you do not always see at a bar...but then again, I guess Taco Mac is more of an upscale bar.

Portion size/presentation: B+
-I gave this category a B+ because I felt like Taco Mac could have given more chicken tenders with the meal. While the tenders were a good size, you still only got 4 tenders and it was very hard for me to stop eating them so I could have some to save for reheating. Typically 4 tenders would have warranted a B or below, but the amount of chicken in each tender (disregarding the breading) and the amount of fries helped push this category up a notch.

Reheating: A
-The meal as a whole reheated surprisingly well. I was afraid that the chicken tenders would lose their crispiness (one of the reasons why they were so good), but the tenders were still very crispy and they did not lose any of the flavoring or tenderness either. Also, the fries heated up very well as well.

Side item: A+
-These fries were incredible! They had the perfect amount of seasoning so they were very flavorful and they were very crispy. I think these were the best fries I have had in a long time and you can tell that whoever created the fries put a lot of time into creating the perfect seasoning for them. The fries are definitely not your typical bar food fries and I would come back to Taco Mac just for the fries. Next time I would love to try fries with cheese and bacon on them...I bet they would be outstanding!

Description on menu:
-Chicken Tenders served with Honey Mustard and fries. $7.29

My phenomenal chicken tender meal at Taco Mac.

Overall I think this was the best chicken tender meal I have had since I started this blog and I give the chicken tenders an A. Sure, I loved the chicken tenders at Callie Baker's in Myrtle Beach, but this meal was better because not only were the tenders superb, but the fries were amazing as well. I was very pleased with my meal and I will definitely be back for these chicken tenders again. If you want a reasonably priced chicken tender meal with excellent fries and a quick serve time, then I would recommend Taco Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment