Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Philosopher's Stone: 5/12/13

It's time for another blog post.

For this chicken tender blog post Madison and I went to The Philosopher's Stone near Uptown. The restaurant is near a few other restaurants/bars and it's a pretty trendy location with games such as shuffleboard and corn-hole outside. Now, on to the review.

The sign for The Philosopher's Stone. I told you it was trendy...I don't think the restaurant was been in business that long.

Batter and crispiness: A-
-I enjoyed the batter of these tenders for the most part because it was light and had a great seasoning to it. And since the batter was so light, the tenders were not crispy at all, which was kind of disappointing.

Tenderness/juiciness of chicken: B-
-The actual meat in the tenders was peculiar. It was juicy and tender in parts, but then there were sections (mostly at the ends) were the meat was very tough and unenjoyable. Overall though, I think the juiciness of the chicken redeemed this category somewhat.

Portion size/presentation: C
-I was slightly disappointed with the size of the chicken tender dinner, but I feel like the main reason for that was the fact that I have had tenders at so many restaurants. At The Philosopher's Stone you get 8 small chicken tenders and about 3 handfuls. Needless to say, there was not enough to take back.

Sides: C
-The french fries at The Philosopher's Stone were about average. They were crispy, which was good, but they did not have any seasoning.

Reheating: unknown
-The portion size of this meal was small and there was not enough for me to take back.

Description:
-A basket of battered chicken tenders served with your choice of one side and dipping sauce. Buffalo or nuclear on request. $6.95


My dinner from The Philosopher's Stone.

Overall I would give the chicken tenders at The Philosopher's Stone a B-. The seasoning on the tenders was delicious and the meat was tender, but the portion size was very small and the batter was not crispy. Also, the fries had no flavor, but at least they were crispy. I will definitely try The Philosopher's Stone again because I've heard good things about other food options and I've had one of their burgers, which was really good. However, when I return I will forgo getting the chicken tenders again.

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment