Saturday, June 29, 2013

Landmark Diner Restaurant: 6/21/13

 For this entry Madison and I went to the Landmark Diner Restaurant on 6/21/13. We had never heard of the restaurant before, but it was featured on Diners, Drive-In, and Dives, so we thought we would give it a shot. It was kind of hard to find the restaurant because the sign for it is small and not well lit. However, once we sat down in the restaurant we were pleased with our dining choice because there is so much to choose from...our waiter (a very nice man) said there are over 320 items on the regular menu and then the owner creates a special menu every Sunday. Oh and the 320 items do not include the 20+ desserts. Anyways, on to the review.

I decided to switch things up this time. Here's the menu for Landmark Diner Restaurant.

Batter and crispiness: B+/A-
-These tenders were surprisingly crispy, it did not look like they were going to be crispy at all and the batter had a subtle flavor to it that did not overpower the chicken. However, I would have liked them more if the chefs would have used more spices, it tasted like the batter only had pepper in it.

Tenderness and juiciness: B
-The chicken in these tenders was not juicy, but it was very tender, which I liked. A negative of the tenders was that the chicken was very flat, which made them appear smaller than most tenders. 

Portion size/presentation: A+
-I only have good things to say about the portion size. I started off with homemade bread (delicious) that is covered with an egg wash. Then the actual meal had 6 chicken tenders and 2 sides that were pretty substantial.

Side: A
-As I said in the previous section, you start off with homemade bread, which is very tasty. Then to accompany your meal you can choose from 2 sides off their regular menu or from their special sides for the day. For my sides I choose a stuffed potato shell and green beans. Now, I did not care for the green beans because while they were cooked very well, they had too strong of a vinegar taste to them. But I loved the stuffed potato shell. This shell was filled potato, cheese, ham, onion, and a little sour cream. When I first saw the description for this I was turned off because I do not like onions or sour cream, but them Madison said I should try it and I was very happy I did. The dish was just so flavorful and creamy and the combination of ingredients was perfect.

Reheating: B
-Honestly I do not remember much about this meal in terms of reheating, but the tenders were good to begin with and they were good to reheat.

Description:
Chicken tenders with a stuffed potato shell. $7.99 (it was a special for the day)

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=6aa5ef65bb&view=att&th=13f916b50284c1b0&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P93KNuNbjEuZCwnq1ZomoZX&sadet=1372534651190&sads=6jHnvEnPUK5Vs1-FjW39RIG0Z9A
Here's my rather large dinner. It may not look like that much food, but it is...especially when you get your dessert.

Overall I would give this meal a B+. The tenders were good and tasty, the stuffed potato was delicious, and the portion size was amazing for the price. The only negatives about the meal were the green beans (which had too much vinegar on them) and the fact that the meat in the chicken tenders was slightly dry. With that said, I will definitely go back to this restaurant. It is really good food for a good price, the waiter was really, and it is a laid-back restaurant. Oh and make sure you get a dessert...they are all homemade and they are delicious!

Until next time.

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment