Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mario's Pizza and Italian Restaurant: 9/3/13

Typically when I go to Mario's Pizza and Italian Restaurant (called Mario's for short) I get a sub of some kind because they are huge and very tasty, but for this visit I decided to try the chicken tenders and write a review. Madison and I decided to go to Mario's because he wanted a sub and I wanted some garlic knots (they are delicious and you have to have at least one basket). So here is my opinion on the chicken tenders at Mario's.


The logo for Mario's Pizza and Italian Restaurant is very simple.

Batter and crispiness: A
-The batter on these tenders was very thick, which is usually a negative but in this case I thoroughly enjoyed it. The batter was seasoned wonderfully and the tenders were quite crispy.

Tenderness and juiciness of chicken: B
-The chicken in these tenders was surprisingly tender and juicy considering that Mario's is known for its Italian food. However, when compared to other restaurants that serve chicken tenders, these tenders were not impressive in this category.

Portion size/presentation: C-
-As the description says, with this meal you get 3 chicken tenders and about four handfuls of fries. While this was a filling meal, I think there should have been an extra tender and less fries. 

Reheating: N/A
-I could not reheat this meal because it was on the small side and I ate it all at Mario's.

Side: C
-The fries at Mario's were just average. While they were crispy (a plus) and obviously hand-cut (another plus), they did not have much flavor.

Description:
-Fingers and fries combo (3 fingers and fries)......$7.50
 
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=6aa5ef65bb&view=att&th=141239025619efbe&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P93KNuNbjEuZCwnq1ZomoZX&sadet=1379562919706&sads=BPd8cWdbngR6mBeOcVACnscVy7Q
Here is my chicken tender dinner from Mario's.

Overall I would give the chicken tenders at Mario's Pizza and Italian Restaurant a C+. The portion size was slightly below average, the side was average, and the batter and tenderness of the chicken were above average. There was nothing special about this meal, but I would get it again, just not very often because Mario's Pizza and Italian Restaurant does so many other dishes so well. 

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment