Saturday, August 17, 2013

Ivy Burger Co: 7/23/13

Since the weather has been nice some of my coworkers and I have taken to eating outside and enjoying the summer sun. On one of these such days I decided to try out Ivy Burger Co (a relatively new restaurant) which is across the street and down a block from the Hearst Tower. At first I was going to get a burger, but then I saw that they had chicken tenders, so I thought this was perfect!  
 I couldn't find a picture of the actual sign (and I did not have my phone with me at the time).

Batter and crispiness: C
-I was disappointed in the batter because while it was light, the seasoning was nothing special and it was easily forgettable.

Tenderness and juiciness of chicken: B-
-These chicken tenders were very tender, but where just moderately juicy. They were also tough in parts, but overall I enjoyed them, hence the slightly above average rating.

Portion size/presentation: C
-Considering the relatively low price ($5.99) this was about an average size to price ratio. In the meal you get 5 small chicken tenders and a small to medium fry. I cannot complain too much about the size of the meal because I was full after lunch.

Reheating: F
-These chicken tenders reheated so poorly that I could not eat them. I tried to eat parts of both tenders that I saved, but the chicken was hard and inedible. Therefore this category gets an F.

Sides: A-
-While I was kinda disappointed with the actual chicken tenders, I was pleasantly surprised with the french fries. They were very greasy (which I did not mind), seasoned well, and very crispy. Oh and I almost forgot! The meal also comes with Ivy Burger's own version of Texas toast which is so good because it's crispy with the perfect amount of butter and seasoning! I might consider going back to Ivy Burgers just for the fries and Texas toast.

Description:
-Chicken tenders and fries and bread. - $5.99

 
My chicken tender meal, sorry it is hard to see.
Overall I would give this meal a D+ because while the portion size was small, the tenders did not reheat at all, and the batter was average, the chicken was tender and the fries were very tasty. With that said, I do not think I will eat at Ivy Burgers again. I do not know if this was just an off day for the restaurant or what, but it was not worth the price (especially considering that their soda machine was down and the only thing you could get to drink was unsweet tea without ice).

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment